Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Checking out materials
Types of Library Cards
- Students are required to show their current student ID cards when signing out books. Students in need of an ID card can visit the Student Life located on the top floor of the Mabee Student Life Building (a.k.a. The Sub).
- Guest cards can be obtained with a current TexShare Card from a participating Texas library and a government ID.
- Guest cards may be obtained for a yearly fee of $25.00. Patrons wishing to obtain a guest card must be over the age of 17 and complete a guest application with a recommendation from a faculty member.
- Books in the main collection may be checked out from the library.
- Books on Reserve can be found behind the circulation desk and are to be used in the library only unless stipulated by the professor. The professor reserving titles can allow check out of materials to students upon written notice to the Library.
- Reference materials and special collections cannot be checked out.
- Periodicals cannot be checked out.
Loan Policy & Renewals
- Books may be borrowed for the regular loan period of three weeks. Books are always due on a Monday.
- Books can be held for students up to four days and then returned to standard shelving location.
- A student can renew books online at any time prior to due date. Renewal on overdue materials is allowed once student has paid overdue fees.
For Faculty & Staff:
- Faculty & Staff are allowed to check out materials for the semester with no fines for overdue books.
- Faculty only will be able to check out reference books and periodicals for limited use only.
- Books may be borrowed for 3 weeks but may be recalled if needed by LCU Students, Staff, or Faculty. Any account with overdue items or outstanding fines will not be allowed to borrow additional materials.
- Periodicals, Reserve Items, and Reference Items are in library use only.
- Copies can be made by the staff for guests at the rate of $.04 per page for black & white copies and $.75 per page for colored copies. Payment can be made in cash at the circulation desk.
- Guests do not have access to the computers in the library.
- $.10 per book per day
- $.25 per reserve item per day
- Fines will not exceed the price of the book
- Grades & transcripts will be held until all lost book charges are paid
Payment of Fines
- Paying fines the same day you return the overdue item will reduce the cost of the fine by half.
- Fines can be paid in cash at the circulation desk in the library until the end of the semester.
Overdue Items at the End of the Semester
- All overdue books will be declared lost at the end of the semester and replacement cost plus non-refundable processing fee will be turned into the business office to be added to the students account.
- Payments for these items will need to be done in the Student Business Office.
- Returning books to the library after it has been declared lost will remove the cost of the book from the students account but the 10% processing fee will still be owed.
Lost or Damaged Items
- For each lost or damaged book, the student's business office account will be charged for the price of the book plus a 10% non-refundable processing fee.