Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Books added to the library collection for the specified time period.
Database Searching Tutorials
Scholarly vs. Popular Periodicals
English: Use these databases to find articles for topics related to English.
Other Recommended Databases
Before You Search...
- Identify keywords in your topic.
- Choose the best database.
- Use 1-2 words per search box.
- Combine "keyword phrases" with AND.
- Use limiters as needed (dates, scholarly (peer reviewed).
- Evaluate your results by reading abstracts.
- Look at subject terms assigned to a good article to focus search.
- No full text? Use Journal Finder on Journals tab.
- The Cite button will help with footnotes.
Public Services Librarian
Have you read . . . ?
. . .recommendations for reading by some of your favorite professors? Dr. Matt Byars' recommendation for a good read is "Sailing alone around the room," by Billy Collins.