Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the LCU Library
Finding information is easier than ever! Our friendly library staff can help you make your search more effective. LCU has over 125,000 books and 250 journals in the library. There are over 160,000 electronic books and over 41,000 full-text journals delivered to your desktop. Bring a drink, a snack, and get comfortable!
Before You Search...
- Identify keywords in your topic.
- Choose the best database.
- Use 1-2 words per search box.
- Combine "keyword phrases" with AND.
- Use limiters as needed (dates, scholarly (peer reviewed).
- Evaluate your results by reading abstracts.
- Look at subject terms assigned to a good article to focus search.
- No full text? Use Journal Finder on Journals tab.
- The Cite button will help with footnotes.
Searching the Catalog
To help you with your search, consider these search options listed in the drop down menu:
- Keyword. This the default search option. Type in any words you want and click search. Ex.: homeless, Holocaust, pollution
- Author. Enter author's name: last name, first name. Ex. Patterson, James
- Title. Select this option when you have the title. Ex. 7 habits of highly effective people
- Subject. Enter one or two words that describes your topic. Ex. gun control or euthanasia
- Series. Enter the name of a series of books. Ex. Opposing Viewpoints or Word Biblical Commentary
- Periodical Title. Click here to find an article in a journal or periodical.
Finding a Book's Location
Library of Congress Classification
Class L - Education
- L - Education (General)
- LA - History of Education
- LB - Theory and practice of education
- LC - Special aspects of education
University Library Map
Where do I locate this call number?
Click the map to enlarge.