In order to introduce transcultural nursing concepts, view the videos posted on the class website.
Email your responses to the 3 questions posted with the videos to email@example.com
Your responses will be shared with the rest of the class. Due: Before first class.
To broaden cultural knowledge and utilize digital literacy skills, search for information on the country you will visit. How is U.S. healthcare similar or different to other countries?
1. Locate a scholarly article on your topic. No duplicates please.
2. Write a 10-15 sentence summary in conversational tone with proper grammar and spelling.
3. Include a citation (APA format) and URL if accessed online.
4. Email summary (in email body, not attachment) to Paula.firstname.lastname@example.org Report will be forwarded to rest of class.
To learn about cultural theories, foundational readings are discussed.
1. Read Leininger’s article (distributed in 1st class).
2. Locate another scholarly article related to a topic in Leininger. Also compare her to another theorist's text chosen from the books available the first class.
3. Create your own graphic to depict cultural care dimensions or locate a model you like.
4. Be prepared to discuss your readings at the second class period.
5. Bring a 1-2 page summary of your key points to turn in after the discussion.
To examine healthcare alternatives, health care sites are visited and providers interviewed. How is nursing education / practice different? Prepare 3 questions to ask during the in-country dialogues with residents or healthcare providers. Due: on-trip participation
In order to document your windshield observations and informed assumptions, daily journal entries are made and research is located to reinforce your observations.
1. Choose a topic to observe during the trip and to research after the trip. Topics are chosen at 1st class meeting to avoid repetition.
2. Using LCU Library databases, locate 5 scholarly articles plus one reputable webpage may also be included for specific country information and statistics.
3. Prepare a research report in 6 double spaced pages with references (cover page not included). Include persistent links from the library databases as part of APA citation. Due final class
Review windshield survey components and utilize culture dimensions model.
Name Trip Destination
1. Describe 1-2 most meaningful experience(s).
2. Explain how your perceptions / worldview changed because of this experience.
3. How will this course impact your practice?
4. What would you change about this course?